Southern Stay hosts a variety of Day Programs and After School programs for participants in Warrnambool and Hamilton.
The Skills 4 Life (Warrnambool)
This program includes independent life skill development, community awareness activities and level 1 in Transition Education.
Young @ Heart (Warrnambool)
This is a program that offers support to those people with a disability who have complex or ageing needs. The program is both stimulating and interesting and support is tailored to the individual.
Day programs are community based and provide a variety of options for leisure, adventure and outdoor activities. The programs are creative, flexible and focuses on building upon existing abilities.
Programs enhance independent living skills through:
· Cooking programs that include, grocery shopping, nutrition, OH&S, money skills, etiquette and food handling.
· Self care – grooming dental care, hygiene, rights and responsibilities, laundry and ironing.
· Vocational experiences through volunteering or work experience.
· Art and recreational activities, eg sport, bowling, gardening, singing and dancing
· Exercise – participating in community events, walking, swimming, karate, Zumba, dance, bike riding and fitness programs
· Community awareness activities such as police and hospital visits, learning about Warrnambool’ public transport, health care systems, gardening, and there’s much more.
Social Programs (Hamilton and Warrnambool)
Our social programs offer you an opportunity to attend activities and events in a small group environment. A monthly calendar of events is available for you to choose activities of interest. Options included include sharing a meal out, attending football games, movies, markets and other local and regional community events including concerts, festivals and special events.
Bookings are necessary, please contact us for a copy of the monthly calendar. Click here to view an example of our calendar. Staying Involved march 2022Flyer PDF.